The Placements Committee is the body which, under regulation 22.214.171.124, oversees the list of placements within the Synod and works together with presbyteries and other bodies within the life of the Synod to ensure that ministry agents are deployed in placements which match their skills and gifts and which meet the particular needs of the ministry agent. The Placements Committee seeks to do this in a way which is respectful and prayerful.
In addition, the Placements Committee has an oversight function of all ministry positions in the Synod, whether they are approved placements, ministry locations or other forms of ministry. The membership brings together a collective story about what is happening across the life of the church and what resources are best able to meet the needs of particular ministry locations.
As from 1 January 2018 the Queensland Synod introduced a revised “optional dual track placements process”. This innovation comes as a result of a decision of the 31st Synod and after extensive consultation with ministers, congregations and presbyteries across the Synod.
The dual track placements process provides ministry agents and Joint Nominating Committees with a choice of opting into a decentralised placements process or remaining, by default, with the existing centralised placements process.
Download the Joint Nominating Committee explainer video:
Want to know more about the new placements process? Download the Placements process FAQs.
- Membership, roles and responsibilities
- Steps in filling a congregational placement vacancy
- Steps in filling a placement vacancy in a 0.4 chaplaincy placement
- Steps in filling a placement vacancy in a 0.5 chaplaincy placement
- Participation of ministers in placements process
- The role of the Joint Nominating Committee
- The role of the Chairperson of a Joint Nominating Committee
- Creation of new placements
- Advertising placement vacancies
- Lay Person applying to serve in an approved placement
- Exit Students
- Ministry of pastor in a ministry location
- Deacons as sole agents in a congregation
- Priority placements
- Approving congregational placements of short than usual duration
- Process for ministers designated awaiting placement
- Support for ministers without placement
- Placement of foreign religious workers
- Ministers wishing to come out of permanent retirement
- Proposing lay marriage celebrants
- Relocation and removals
- Supply ministry
- Terms and conditions of supply ministry
- Ministers retirement notice form
- Application form – Lay person in placement
- Request to create a New Placement Form
- Congregational Profile
- Ministry Leadership Profile
- National Handbook of Procedures for the Placement of Minsiters
- Letter of appointment for Pastor in an approved placement Form
- Terms of placement MOW Deacon Form
- Placement or Supply Congregation Agency Details Form
- Letter of Call template
- Terms of Placement Pastor
Email email@example.com if you require any further information.