Planning safe programs
Before any activity can be conducted, it needs to be approved by the church/presbytery council, and the approval minuted. No activity should be conducted unless this is done. The planning is to ensure smooth running of the event and to avoid incidents and accidents.
For the church council members to be comfortable about approving activities, they need to know that the people planning the activity have asked and answered these questions:
What do we want to do?
Where will we do it?
Who is involved?
What could go wrong?
What do we need to do to keep it safe?
What will we do if something goes wrong anyway?
Forms and resources for safe programs
- Planning Safe Programs Process
- Planning safe programs tool
- Tools for inclusion and listening
- Information sheet for parents and guardians [Pamphlet ] TOO-SMC-03.2_v1.0
- Safe Ministry with Children poster [Poster ] TOO-SMC-03.1_v1.0