The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to join us and provide support to support the work health and safety function with an emphasis on early learning services.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Implement the Queensland Synod WHS Framework in UEEL with the support and collaboration of UEEL leaders to create a safe workplace for employees, contractors, visitors, families, guardians and children.
- Ensure that WHS procedures are compliant under the Education and Care Regulations, National Quality Framework, Early Years Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines
- Develop effective relationships with Uniting Education Early Learning (UEEL) services and the operational support team to identify and manage WHS issues and risks appropriate to their service.
- Manage all Workcover claims for UEEL.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Workplace Health and Safety Officer Accreditation (Minimum cert. IV WHS)
- Lead Auditor in WHS Systems is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Workplace, Health and Safety and legislative framework which promotes a safety culture and strong commitment of individuals meeting their responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act.
- Significant experience coordinating the end to end return to work process including injury and claims management through Workcvoer claims and premiums.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and a practical application of risk management processes in a Workplace Health and Safety context where risks were identified, controlled and monitored.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Education and Care Regulations, National Quality Framework, Early Years Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting audits and investigations where issues were identified and recommendations provided.
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
View the full position description here.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Mike Huxley on 07 3377 9703 or Mike.Huxley@ucaqld.com.au.
Applications close 4 June 2021.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.