We currently have a number of exciting opportunities for Child Care Educators to join our Uniting Education Early Learning team on a casual basis. The positions will be to support the Educators and children in all age groups across the service. The positions will work under the guidance of the Director to implement an enriched and meaningful learning environment for children to help build their foundation for early years.
We have current vacancies at the following locations:
- Riverview Play Centre
- Mount Louisa Childcare Centre
- Kirwan Uniting Church Child Care Centre
As a casual employee you will have the opportunity to work across a number of centres in Townsville, under Uniting Education Early Learning, working alongside passionate and experienced Educators to deliver an enriched learning experience for children.
It is anticipated that applicants would be available to commence work as soon as possible. If you’re a qualified Child Care Educator seeking an exciting career opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
The successful applicant will bring:
- An ACECQA approved Certificate III, or Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Previous experience in the long day care sector, working across multiple age groups
- Working knowledge of the Early Year’s Learning Framework, Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, National Quality Framework and National Law and Regulations
- View children as capable and competent learners, with an understanding of contemporary early childhood practices
- A commitment to learning and professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have skills to priorities and manage work tasks efficiently and effectively
- Current valid Blue Card, Police Check, First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training (Required)
In this role you will:
- Assist to deliver a responsive early childhood program reflecting the service philosophy, EYLF and the voices of children
- Create responsive and inspiring learning environments for children
- Assist and contribute to the planning, documenting and implementation of quality play-based early childhood education program within the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) that shows each individual child’s learning and growth.
- Assist in ensuring an engaging, safe and aesthetic learning environment based on the knowledge of the child, children, EYLF and National Quality Standards (NQS) is presented and maintained.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with fellow educators to support each other’s professional development and to utilise a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching, reflective practice and continuous improvement that provides quality education and care of children.
- Build and maintain strong, positive communication and relationships with families and children, supporting meaningful engagement and parent participation, maintaining professional boundaries.
- Support commitment to inclusion and access to a quality early childhood education program for all children and families, treating all children and families with dignity and respect.
- Positively guide children’s behaviour and encourage children to interact with others with care, empathy, kindness and respect.
We can offer you:
- Generous professional development opportunities, including networking with other early childhood services.
- Paid renewal of your blue card and first aid certifications
- Reward and Recognition program
- Lifestyle benefits including employee assistance program
- Area Manager support
- Compliance and Regulation support
- People and Culture support
- Remuneration is aligned with the Children’s Services Award.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover sheet, Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
To access our Cover Sheet and Position Description, please visit our careers page at www.ucaqld.com.au
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.