0.5 FTE Fixed Term
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to join the Raymont Residential College team to nurture the health and well-being of students, work closely with the Student Leadership Team and support student development.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Nurture the health and well-being of students through providing pastoral care, counselling and helping to create a healthy culture based on our Christian values.
- Work closely with the Student Leadership Team to improve the student experience, activities and deal with student issues.
- Organise and implement the Academic Support Program (Tutorials).
- Support the other members of staff, promotion of the College and College events.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
Qualifications in psychology, counselling or youth work are required/preferred.
- Significant knowledge of higher education and of residential education (includes completion of at least an undergraduate degree, but a strong preference for postgraduate qualifications).
- Experience in dealing with young adults, exposure to cross cultural environments and a demonstrated enthusiasm to work with tertiary students.
- A good understanding and application of the duty of care requirements in a residential student environment.
- Ability to lead and mentor students using appropriate methods, skills and styles to motivate them towards achievement, including effective delegation.
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
View the full position description here.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to John Low on 07 3377 9929 or email@example.com.
Applications close 10 May 2021.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.