Principal Trinity College Queensland
Fixed Term 5 Years
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to lead Trinity College Queensland (TCQ) and provide strategic, prophetic, academic and administrative leadership in educational ministry for the Queensland Synod under the oversight of the Board of Christian Formation (BCF) to achieve its vision to see a Church that is formed for Christian Mission. The Principal will drive a strategic agenda and will be accountable for delivering high quality outcomes in formation, teaching and learning, research and service across the broad range of Education for Ministry areas. The primary vehicle for the delivery of these outcomes is Trinity College Queensland.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Strategy and implementation
- External relations
- Academic leadership
- Financial and infrastructural management
- Staff guidance and human resource management
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Higher degree by research in a theological discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in an academic and education leadership role.
- Leader with demonstrated success in managing change.
- Demonstrated experience in people management, setting a strategic vision, and implementing a culture of collaboration and performance.
- An active member of the Uniting Church or willing to become an active member of the Uniting Church.
- Commitment to working within the purpose and values of the Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod and adhering to the policies, organisational requirements and processes
The minimum base salary (exclusive of superannuation) for this position is $122,900 per year. Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range. If the successful candidate is recognised in a specified ministry within the Uniting Church in Australia, the Queensland Synod stipend payment and 20% stipend margin will apply.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter must include your response to the selection criteria in the position description.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Heather den Houting on 07 3377 9702.
Applications close Friday 26 April 2019.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.