The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
The Librarian will assist the faculty, staff and students of Trinity College Queensland (TCQ) in the day to day operations of the college and management of information systems.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain library strategies and policies in support of education for ministry at TCQ, with an emphasis on innovation;
- Manage the library resource budget effectively and prepare reports on library stock, library usage and library development needs;
- Respond to reference queries and provide research support and training in the use of information technology for TCQ students and library members;
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Qualifications relevant to library management or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate extensive experience in the provision of academic support to students in higher education;
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of ‘best practice’ strategies in all aspects of theological education.
- Pro-actively seeks to engage the College community with library services, resources and facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and continually improve processes and systems to achieve
- organisational goals;
- Demonstrated knowledge of library cataloguing and acquisitions services and procedures;
This position is covered by the Educational Service (Post-Secondary) Award 20210 and remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable award range.
To apply, please read the position description then send a completed Application Cover Sheet, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made via email to Belinda.firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have another vacancy of Registrar within the college and would consider merging the roles together for the right candidate.
Applications close 27 February 2022.
Trinity College Queensland also has a position vacant for a Registrar.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.