The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has a number of schools, colleges and community services (such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual who will focus on developing, implementing and maintaining the non-theological learning and development program and activities of the Queensland Synod that will improve the capacity, compliance and capability of lay staff, ministry agents and committee/board members.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- develop, maintain and regularly review a Learning and Development Framework and supporting policy, process and tools
- identify training needs and skills development in accordance with the Queensland Synod’s strategic priorities
- develop and where appropriate deliver, training programs, courses and projects
- manage and facilitate a Synod office orientation and on line training platform
- evaluate trainer competence and achievement of learning outcomes
- coach and support stakeholders to support Synod wide learning and development initiatives and training programs
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Learning & Development or similar professional discipline
- Relevant training qualifications (Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment) is highly desirable
- Relevant learning and development experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated understanding of Learning and Development Frameworks, strategy, systems and processes, including contemporary approaches to learning, skills development, and curriculum design and training delivery
Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The position description provides further details about the role and the organisational structure L&D Officer Position Description and Chart. To apply, complete the Application Cover Sheet Form and email it, together with your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria to email@example.com. Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Grant Weaver on 07 3377 9867.
Applications close Friday 3 February 2017.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.