Human Resource Officer – Part Time (38 hrs p/f)
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. In Queensland, we have around 250 congregations and a number of schools, colleges and community services (such as Blue Care, UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to join our people and culture team, and focus on providing operational human resource support to the Queensland Synod (including Synod Office staff, Synod Office management and congregations).
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with and support managers in relation to people and culture policies
- Maintain the Synod office formal and informal systems of rewards and recognition
- Assist the Manger People and Culture in implementing activities to support the desired culture of the Synod office
- Probity activities in relation to blue cards, police checks and professional membership
- General human resource advice to Synod office employees and congregation
- Monthly human resource metrics and management dashboard reporting
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Tertiary qualification in a human resource related area
- Demonstrated experience in a general human resource position, preferably in a community service, not for profit or church related organisation with demonstrated ability to support managers with human resource solutions, systems and work practices with an emphasis on best practice and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation, awards, policies and practices relevant to contemporary human resource management with prior experience in providing human resource support to line management positions.
- Demonstrated experience in and an ability to use a human resource information system and Microsoft software packages
The minimum base salary (exclusive of superannuation) for this position is $30,000 per year. Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria in the position description) to email@example.com. Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Grant Weaver on (07) 3377 9867.
Applications close 7 September 2018.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.