Health and Wellness Coordinator
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
The Health and Wellness Coordinator will help to develop and implement a Synod wide well-being program.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Co-Ordinate health and wellness programs and services according to organisational requirements in line with budgetary considerations.
- Implementation of a Synod wide Wellness Strategy and targeted programs that will help to reduce risk in relation to staff and ministry agent’s wellness and shape behavioural change that is sustainable and positively adds to the Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod’s purpose
- Maintain the safety management system, ensuring processes align with AS/NZS 4801:2001 and compliance with legislative obligations towards achieving ‘best practice’
- Work alongside stakeholders within the Church, to scope, advise and seek endorsement on wellness program strategies, content and activities that meet overall organisational needs
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health & Safety or related discipline
- Accreditation as a Workplace Health & Safety Officer
- Lead Auditor in WHS systems is desirable
- Experience in Mental Health First Aid and the delivery of organisational wellness programs
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and coordinate effective programs ensuring quality outcomes in line with budgetary requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships and engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and effective delivery of training programs to achieve specified quality learning outcomes.
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
To apply, please read the position description then send a completed Application Cover Sheet, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made via email to Struan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 18 February 2022.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.