The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
Reporting to the Legal Officer as part of the Legal Team this is a proactive and high energy role, focused on processing and managing all aspects of conveyancing, commercial and other property related matters.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and process all residential and commercial property conveyancing (purchases, leasing and sales) through the preparation of contracts by including standard special conditions as required by the Church, body corporate or other unique property details and ensuring all contracts comply with relevant statutes.
- Conduct due diligence searches and review and report on identified issues to the General Counsel.
- Provide accurate and succinct guidance to internal clients in relation to conveyancing requirements and the compliance requirements prescribed for The Uniting Church in Australia, Property Trust (Q).
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A Tertiary level qualification in Law or progression towards is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in conveyancing with detailed knowledge of general conveyancing practices, relevant statutory regulations and legislation and processes associated with undertaking due diligence, conducting and reviewing property searches and identifying and reporting of issues associated with property searches.
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and legislation pertaining to Bequests and Wills.
- Extensive experience in attending to stamping and registration of legal documentation.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge with proven ability to undertake all aspects of conveyancing for purchases, sales and leases of residential and commercial property.
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the full position description.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made via email to Karly.White@ucaqld.com.au
Applications close 15 January 2022.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.