Executive Officer, Uniting Care SA
- Fixed-term (5 year) placement
- Ordained or lay ministry
- Opportunity to make a difference
Based in the Uniting Church SA Presbytery & Synod office in Adelaide, UnitingCare SA liaises with more than 25 associated organisations that provide a diverse range of educational and community services across South Australia.
The Uniting Church SA is currently seeking an Executive Officer, Uniting Care SA to maintain and further develop the relationships between the Uniting Church SA and its associated organisations, and to support their fulfilment of the mission of God through the Uniting Church. This position will be filled as a ministerial placement – both lay and ordained suitably qualified applicants will be considered.
Reporting to the General Secretary / Chief Executive Officer the Executive Officer, UnitingCare SA is an integral part of the Uniting Church SA senior management and leadership team. The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the requirements of the position through the key responsibilities, which include:
- Nurturing, supporting and promoting the role of the associated organisations as an integral part of the mission of God
- Enhancing the strategic development that assist congregations to engage with UnitingCare SA
- The management of the network and partnership relationships between Synod, the associate organisations and the National Assembly of the Uniting Church
- Active involvement in the policy development and advocacy at a state and a national level as it relates to the work of the associated organisations
- The management of the staff of the Uniting Care ministry centre
- Facilitation of the ongoing governance and financial reporting from the associated organisations to the Synod.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate highly developed leadership skills, a commitment to the ethos and polity of the Uniting Church and will have an active membership of the Uniting Church. A tertiary qualification in theology or a related field, coupled with experience in ministry (lay or ordained) is essential to this position.
For further information or confidential enquiries please contact Tracey Bost (Executive Assistant to the General Secretary / CEO) on 08-8236 4232
Applications and/or expressions of interest close at 5pm January 31, 2018 and can be emailed to email@example.com