Chef – Casual
Raymont Residential College provides comprehensive support and services to over 100 university
students residing within the College. While the provision of a high standard of services including catering
and accommodation is essential, Raymont also seeks to build a warm community built on mutual respect while enriching the lives of our students through meaningful support programs.
We are seeking an individual who will deliver a variety of meals within a dynamic and diverse environment in support of the College mission of providing excellent support services to College students.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Commitment to the ethos of a Uniting Church Residential College.
- Trade qualification as a demi chef or equivalent.
- Medium level of industry experience (approx. 5 years) in bulk cooking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and the Food Safety Act 2006.
- Understanding and commitment to high-level customer service and a track record of being an active member of the kitchen team.
- An ability to communicate with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Proven ability to assist in the production of a menu and to work within a budget.
- Understanding of the requirements of the Workplace Health & Safety Act and proper procedures
- Service: personable with a commitment to building strong relationships with the student of Raymont Residential College and the staff of the UCA Queensland Synod.
Remuneration is based on Grade 4 of the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about the position can be found in the position description.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Richard Niessl, Principal, on (07) 3377 9832. To register your interest in the position, please email email@example.com.
Applications close 10 August 2018.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.