Permanent Full Time
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking a motivated Business Partner to join our newly created United Education Early Learning team. This role will provide commercial advice, support and direction that will drive operations to meet both finance and non-financial targets. Working with leaders, this role will involve cross-functional collaboration to deliver operational and organisational requirements.
The positions key responsibilities include:
- Support the Manager Early Learning Operations and early learning service operations with sound commercial and operational level advice, guidance, support and value add analysis to improve operating and financial performance.
- Assist the senior leaders in development of targeted strategies to improve performance and monitor delivery against agreed strategies to deliver targets.
- Maintain awareness of emerging issues, trends and reporting best practice to identify and implement improved performance reporting of lead and lag indicators.
- Work with stakeholders to lead, monitor and develop capability to monitor and analyse their own financial performance.
- Work closely with senior leaders to identify efficiencies, emerging trends, opportunities and required action plans.
- Identify and lead solution development of business processes that require improvement, remediation and pathways to more effective commercial management practices.
- Develop and maintain financial / non-financial models for key business drivers to facilitate improved financial performance and promote decision making as required.
- Support operations in the cyclical planning, budgeting and forecasting process and analyse past performance and forecast future results.
- Be proactively involved in related projects in accordance with strategic requirements, provide project management services for projects and ensure that any resulting new policies and procedures are developed, documented and implemented successfully.
To be successful in this role:
- Proven experience as a Performance Analyst or a similar strategic role focussed on improving business in a medium to large organisation.
- Hold a qualification in Business Administration, Commerce or related field.
- Experience in business finance analysis to support multifaceted business cases and issues.
- Experience within Early Learning is mandatory and can demonstrate ability to understand complex business problems and opportunities
- Highly developed commercial, analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills including comprehensive financial and statistical analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills and ability to balance provision of support, advice and direction appropriately to non-financial managers.
- Demonstrated high level of organisational and time management skills, while also providing a strong customer service focus.
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
Please click here to view the position description.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria to Yolanda Borucki, Manager Early Learning Operations (Yolanda.email@example.com). For further information, a copy of the Position Description and application cover sheet, please visit our careers page at www.ucaqld.com.au
Applications close Tuesday 20 April 2021.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.