The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to join us and provide specialist support in relation to policy and compliance with a focus on the early education sector.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Provides the first point of contact for the Early Learning operations of the Synod Office about finance and administrative queries.
- Manages the accurate, efficient and timely preparation of management reports for Early Learning Support and Special Purpose Funds which include analysis of variances between actual performance against budget and key trends and issues.
- Responsible for the regular or periodic reconciliation of early learning accounts and contributions ensuring that their transactions are accurately reflected and reported into the financial system and that appropriate action is taken if an issue or discrepancy is noted or delay occurs in receiving payment of contributions.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Qualifications in Business or Finance a must
- Eligibility for professional membership of an Australian Accounting body
- Child Care Management Software
- Excellent reporting skills with the ability to present and speak about qualitative/quantitative data to non-finance stakeholders, to listen, analyse and identify key issues, and to communicate complex information clearly.
- Extremely focussed on client service within the Synod office and its stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of early learning operational funding models.
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
Please click here to view the position description.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Yolanda Borucki on 0455 887 358 or Yolanda.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 11 May 2021.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.