Do you have a calling to ministry with frontline emergency service personnel?
The Queensland Police Service is seeking an expression of interest from passionate Chaplains to work alongside a warm, friendly, and dedicated team to support spiritual well-being, attend to pastoral care needs and make a difference in the lives of members of the Queensland Police Service and their families. The Queensland Police Service (QPS) employs Police Chaplains as contractors in either full-time, part-time, or volunteer roles across the State. Police Chaplaincy offers a rewarding career providing vital assistance to frontline police officers, staff members and police recruits, their families, and the Queensland Retired Police Association (QRPA). The QPS is committed to delivering a healthy, safe, positive, and inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
Position Status Full-Time
- Position Type Flexible
- Occupation Group Queensland Police Service – Safety and Wellbeing
- Classification Aligned to a Priest in the Brisbane Diocese of the Anglican Church (Includes all Allowances)
- Workplace Location Various Locations Current full-time vacancies exist in Far Northern Region and Central Region
- Contact Person; Reverend Jeffrey Baills at Baills.Jeffreys@police.qld.gov.au
Please ensure you meet the mandatory requirements in the attached Position Description before forwarding your expression of interest to Reverend Jeffrey Baills and include with your submission the following information:
• Email Baills.Jeffreys@police.qld.gov.au with the subject Line: “EOI QPS Chaplaincy”
• Your current resume
• A letter of introduction detailing who you are and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for police chaplaincy in Queensland, your location preferences and if you would be willing to relocate within Queensland.
• As positions become available you may be contacted for interviews.
Failure to refer to the instructions and information in this Guide may result in your application not being considered.
Submission of this EOI application is not a guarantee that you will be offered employment with Queensland Police Service Chaplaincy. The EOI process is just one avenue of seeking employment with the QPS Chaplaincy. You also have the option to apply for advertised vacancies within QPS Chaplaincy by applying for those advertised vacancies. By submitting an EOI, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy, please ensure you complete the application form and submit your application for the relevant position. Additionally, the positions available at each location are fluid, and there is no guarantee that all locations will currently have vacancies.