Work health and safety manager
Full Time – 12 month fixed term
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has a number of schools, colleges and community services (such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to take responsibility for providing specialised Work Health & Safety advisory, systems management and reporting services to the Uniting Church Queensland Synod.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the safety management system ensuring work health and safety policies, procedures and practices are in alignment with AS/NZS 4801:2001 and best practice.
- Develop, monitor and promote positive safety performance indicators to encourage and motivate business leaders to maintain a safe workplace.
- Identify trends and issues impacting Work Health & Safety and provide operational guidance, technical expertise and support to address them, to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and foster a culture of safety and wellbeing, ensuring proactive communication and consultation in relation to Work Health & Safety within the organisation.
- Develop and conduct work health and safety training, coaching, mentoring, as required.
- Conduct investigations, risk assessments, audits and inspections, as required.
- Liaise with government bodies and other outside specialist bodies concerning safety.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Tertiary qualification in Workplace Health & Safety or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary safety issues and best practice, and the statutory and regulatory framework in which safety operates, including work health and safety legislation, associated regulations and codes of practice.
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and maintaining a safety management system (AS/NZS 4801), driving safety culture, and safety auditing across a diverse organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training and presentations.
- Commitment to working within the purpose and values of the Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod and adhering to the policies, organisational requirements and processes
The knowledge, skills and abilities of each position are evaluated to determine an applicable remuneration range. For each range, there exists a minimum and maximum base salary (exclusive of superannuation). The minimum base salary for this position is $99,700 per year. Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the remuneration range.
The position description provides further details about the role and the organisational structure. To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Valerie King on (07) 3377 9805.
Applications close Monday 1 January 2018.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.