The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. In Queensland, we have around 250 congregations and a number of schools, colleges and community services (such as Blue Care, UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to join our Risk team and focus on managing the timely and accurate registry services for the Synod Office and entities. The role requires a broad understanding of operational property matters within the context of the Queensland Synod.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Monitor workflows to ensure efficient and consistent service delivery
- Provide advice to clients on general registry, operational property, policy and procedural matters
- Oversee the registry functions of the Registry and Governance Administration Officer
- Improve capacity for reporting and data analysis
- Reconcile land tax assessments by the Office of State Revenue against an annual survey of actual land usage to ensure compliance with obligations (including survey, data management and invoicing).
- Provide advice on congregational and agency grants, funding applications and acquittals
- Prepare the Property Board Report and Property Trust agenda submission to the Finance Investment and Property Board.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Associate Diploma in Business or related field
- Extensive knowledge of statutory regulations and legislation pertaining to property administration and strategic property relevant to the registry function of the Queensland Synod
- Extensive experience in research and gather information, including synthesizing, summarizing and presenting relevant facts
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, trouble-shoot and meet long and short-term deadlines
- Customer service ethos with a personal commitment to tactfully and in a diplomatic way to build strong relationships with key stakeholders/customers across the Church and its agencies, boards and committees of the Synod (value of Service)
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Terry Selva on 07 3377 9953.
Applications close Friday 15 February.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.