The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to join our Support Services and Event Management team and focus first point of contact for visitors and incoming telephone callers to the Synod Office. It will also provide support to the Executive Director Shared Services and the Manager Support Services & Event Management
The positions key responsibilities are as follow;
- Front of house telephone & visitor reception coordination (including receipt and despatch of parcels/deliveries, taxi bookings)
- Mail management (collection, despatch) for whole Synod office
- Travel and accommodation coordination for whole Synod office
- Stationery management for whole Synod office
- Personal Assistant to the Executive Director Shared Services
- Focussed Administrative support (diary and email management)
- Shared Services Group administrative assistance, as needed
- Administrative support of monthly All Staff Meetings & Shared Services Group Meetings
- Manager Support Services & Event Management support:
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Archive management (recall & return) for whole Synod office
- Events administration of synod office hosted events, including Synod in Session (registration assistance, survey management, mail merges, travel & accommodation bookings)
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar support role
Experience and Skills:
- Professional presentation and telephone manner, with a positive and helpful attitude
- Proven capacity to work effectively independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, and make informed decisions
- Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in contemporary computer software applications (Microsoft Office – word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook), electronic content management, customer relationships management and internet applications
Remuneration will in accordance with Level 4 of the Clerks Private Sector Award 2010.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter (OPTIONAL addressing the selection criteria) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries in relation to the position description, refer to the position description or contact Executive Officer Support Services and Event Management Kellie Broderick on 07 3377 9744.
Applications close 20 May 2019.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.