Lead Educator – Kingdom Kids Child Care Centre – Carbrook
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Lead Educator to join our team. We are looking for a enthusiastic and passionate early childhood educator to lead their rooms learning program. The ideal candidate will view children as capable and competent learners along with an understanding of contemporary Early Childhood practices.
Kingdom Kids Child Care Centre, is located on the Calvary Christian College Carbrook Campus and forms part of the newly created Uniting Education Early Learning section of the Uniting Church in Queensland. Our service provides a community environment that offers a responsive learning environment guided by the Early Years Learning Framework, recognising and respecting the individuality, ability and potential of each child. We offer children innovative educational programs in a flexible, play-based natural environment where they can be themselves and learn about the world around them.
Closely associated to the Calvary Christian College, as a team member of Kingdom Kids you will have access to the school library, bush kindy, farm visits, physical education facilities and the chapel.
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has Early Learning Services, Schools, Colleges and large Community Services.
It is anticipated that applicants would be available to commence work as soon as possible. If you’re a qualified Early Childhood Educator seeking an exciting career opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
The successful applicant will bring to the role:
- An ACECQA approved Diploma level qualification or higher – required
- Previous experience in the long day care sector and a passion for early childhood education,
- A warm and welcoming approach that shows acceptance and respect for all children and their families,
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Early Year’s Learning Framework, Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, National Quality Framework and National Law and Regulations,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a commitment to building strong relationships with children and family,
- Attention to detail, manage time efficiently and be a quick learner,
- Current valid Blue Card, Police Check, First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of the educational learning experiences in your room through a quality play-based early childhood education program within the EYLF.
- Effectively lead and manage the room and resources to maximise and maintain an effective, engaging, safe and aesthetic learning environment.
- Exemplify personal drive and integrity, taking personal responsibility for meeting objectives, showing initiative and committing energy to achieving goals.
- Willingness and ability to undertake duties as a responsible person in day-to-day charge of the service as per ACECQA requirements.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families, employees and visitors and implement strategies to achieve safety outcomes, constantly driving continuous improvement, taking all reasonable care to ensure actions do not impact on the health and safety of employees, children and visitors.
- Support commitment to inclusion and access to a quality early childhood education program for all children and families, treating all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in children and focus on fostering a sense of belonging and treat all children with dignity and respect, embracing each child’s unique family and background.
- Demonstrate the ability to guide children’s behaviour in a positive way and encourage children to interact with others with care, empathy and respect Personal accountability.
- Participate in all care and education duties as required with all children at the service and undertake general cleaning tasks to maintain overall cleanliness of the room and service.
- Work collaboratively with the Director and team to enable the service to achieve best practice and quality outcomes.
What we can offer you:
- Generous professional development opportunities (including networking with other early childhood services)
- Reimbursement of some early childhood recommended vaccines
- Paid First Aid qualifications and blue card renewals
- Other lifestyle benefits including an employee assistance program.
- Reward and Recognition program
- Area Manager support
To apply, send a completed Application Cover sheet, Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquires to the position can be made directly to Michelle Clarke by calling (07) 3209 0250.
Position Description – Lead Educator
Applications close: Friday, 17 December 2021
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.