Six months fixed term
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual to join our Payroll team and focus on providing assistance to key internal and external stakeholders a complete the full range of activities associated with the successful delivery of a complex payroll for lay staff and ministry agents. Your role will also include on-boarding and associated probity requirements, providing advice on remuneration, allowances and fringe benefits and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and Synod policy.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Ensure appointment documentation provided (lay staff and ministry agent) is complete and complies with legislative requirements, and applicable policies.
- Ensure that all staff are paid in accordance with contracts of employment, relevant Awards, Synod policy and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all ministry agent stipend payments, allowances and fringe benefits are processed in accordance with the placement advice and Synod policies and processes.
- Provide human resource administration support to the People and Payroll Manager, including preparation and distribution of various documentation relating to engagement, maintenance of personnel records, monitoring of leave entitlements, probity checks, probationary periods and end of contract dates etc.
- Process Professional Membership Payment forms.
- Ensure Probity data in HRIS is accurate and that the relevant Manager is notified when a probity check is due to expire within 3 months.
- Administer the Superannuation Clearing House on-line portal and the Employee Services Portal and ensure staff have access and manage work flow hierarchies.
- Provide detailed advice on payroll matters including stipend; ministerial fringe benefits; leave entitlements under the National Employment Standards; leave eligibility and manual calculations required for ministry
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Diploma in Human Resources is an advantage
- Demonstrated relevant experience in processing a complex payroll, with exposure to multiple awards and other industrial instruments.
- Proven ability in interpreting and providing advice as it applies to payroll, conditions of employment, leave, allowances and other entitlements and termination payments.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of a complex payroll and application of multiple awards or other industrial instruments with strong numeracy skills and understanding of basic accounting principles for reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in, or capacity to interpret and process stipend and allowances for ministry agents including an understanding of applicable taxation provisions and fringe benefits.
- Demonstrated experience in and an ability to use a human resource information / payroll management system and software packages particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter (OPTIONAL addressing the selection criteria) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any enquiries in relation to this position, refer to the position description or contact Payroll Manager, Karoline Lane on 07 3377 9732.
Applications close 26 April 2019.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.