EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RISK – Full Time
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. In Queensland, we have around 250 congregations and a number of schools, colleges and community services (such as Blue Care, UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
We are seeking an individual who will focus on providing strategic and operational risk management and mitigation leadership and oversight. The position is part of the Executive Leadership Team which has strategic and governance oversight of Synod Office operations. The role has responsibility for management of the Legal, Insurance, Work Health & Safety, Risk and Compliance portfolio and has direct oversight of these teams
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the development and management of enterprise risk, compliance management and audit framework, including the development and implementation of associated policies, strategies and plans.
- Lead the establishment of risk management culture across the Synod office.
- Oversight the legal, governance, insurance, work health & safety, risk and compliance functions and services, including the development and delivery of the operational plan for the portfolio.
- Ensure specialist input is provided to risk and compliance management components of key organisational projects, as well as strategic and major operational decisions.
- Develop and disseminate risk analysis and progress reports to the Executive Team, Risk Owners and Synod Audit & Risk Committee.
- With the Chief Information Officer, develop and implement information and risk assurance strategies to protect against and manage risk related to the use, storage and transmission of data and information systems.
- Oversight of Synod property registers as the primary source of factual data in relation to the Church’s property (real and personal).
- Oversight the development of a Compliance and Risk Management Framework and annual audit plan with input from key managers, and in response to identified areas of risk.
- Ensure appropriate governance standards are applied to the operations of Boards and Committees of the Synod.
- Maintain all registers required of The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (Q.) and maintain all relevant governance documents of oversighting compliance.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Degree in business administration with post-graduation qualification in risk management or similar field
- Possess a Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card) or ability to acquire same.
- Ability to obtain a National Criminal History Check
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage organisational support services within a complex multi-faceted environment to achieve positive operational outcomes
- Demonstrated and substantial risk and compliance experience for a large, complex organisation. Previous experience in a regulated industry an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with the internal audit function of a company
- Awareness of insurance practices and processes an advantage.
- Demonstrated awareness of AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009, Risk Management – Principles and guidelines
The minimum base salary (exclusive of superannuation) for this position is $145,200 per year. Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria in the position description) to email@example.com. Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to the General Secretary, Heather den Houting, on 07 3377 9702.
Applications close 14 September 2018.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.