An exciting opportunity is available for an early Childhood Teacher at The Gap Kindergarten & Child Care Centre.
The Gap Kindergarten & Child Care Centre caters for 48 children from six months to five years; and we offer a responsive learning environment guided by the Early Years Learning Framework as well as an Approved Kindergarten Program.
The Gap Kindergarten & Child Care Centre provides a community environment that recognises and respects the individuality, ability and potential of each child. We offer children innovative educational programs in a flexible, play-based natural environment where they can be themselves and learn about the world around them. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a supportive environment with qualified long-term educators.
We are looking for a dedicated and outstanding Early Childhood Teacher that can inspire and lead our Kindergarten children in their year before school. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Early Childhood and have a vision for children as capable and competent learners along with proven experience in Early Childhood Services and an understanding of contemporary Early Childhood practices.
As an employee of uniting Education – Early Learning you are entitled to:
- Generous professional development opportunities (including networking with other early childhood services)
- Reimbursement of some early childhood recommended vaccines
- Paid First Aid qualifications and blue card renewals
- Other lifestyle benefits including an employee assistance program.
Selection Criteria - Applicants must hold:
- A Bachelor of Education or Teaching (Early Childhood).
- Current Working with Children Suitability Notice (or Exemption),
- Approved First Aid qualifications (HTLADI004),
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions, as well as a strong organizational ability, including effective time management and ability to prioritise in a busy work environment.
- A well developed understanding of theories of early childhood development and current research and theories impacting on the profession.
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude towards the care and education of young children, staff and families.
- Willingness to promote social justice and equity by demonstrating an attitude of acceptance and respect for all children and their families.
- Ability and willingness to work within the Philosophy, Policies and Procedures of Uniting Education – Early Learning.
If you’re seeking an exciting career opportunity, we encourage you to apply. It is anticipated that applicants would be available to start in mid October. Please direct applications including a resume (with at least two referees) and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria through the vacancies section at www.ucaqld.com.au
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.