Chief information officer (CIO)
An opportunity exists for an experienced IT professional to join our team in this newly created role.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod office has undertaken a review of the Synod office, and has identified a need for a Chief information officer (CIO) to provide leadership for the development and implementation of the IT vision, strategy, enterprise architecture and program of work and IT operations and applications.
The CIO will direct the planning, coordination and implementation of IT systems and strategic information resource management initiatives in order to improve reliability, security, cost effectiveness and service quality. The CIO will also responsible for identifying and managing IT related investments and assets.
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has a number of schools, colleges and community services such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Brisbane.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Demonstrated high level of skill and capability in setting business aligned IT strategy, enterprise architecture and investment direction.
- Demonstrated experience in running an IT function and a diverse team of employees using an enterprise architecture approach to deliver high standards of service.
- Experience in project managing teams and external suppliers using project management methodologies to deliver successful outcomes.
- Experience with lifecycle management of business continuity, disaster recovery and security management plans.
- Experience in managing IT to a budget in an environment that has changing and conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to create and deliver innovative solutions to business issues in a timely and cost effective basis, demonstrating understanding of the nature of a service business and IT market trends.
- Commitment to working within the purpose and values of the Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod and adhering to the policies, organisational requirements and processes.
Should you require additional or specific details about the role, please email email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your current resume, application form and a cover letter addressing the criteria above (no more than 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, Friday 12 May 2017.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.