Assistant Director – Tiny Town Childcare and Kindergarten
The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare and Wesley Mission Queensland).
Tiny Town Child Care and Kindergarten is an activity of Emmanuel Uniting Church and has provided a safe, caring and educational environment for children in our community since 1974. Tiny Town promotes Christian ideals of love, forgiveness, respecting and serving others, as well as the values of equity, inclusiveness and care for the environment utilising a play-based learning programme.
We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Director to join the team at our small boutique, 27 place Centre at Tiny Town Childcare and Kindergarten. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a talented and experienced educator seeking a leadership role, who is keen to make a meaningful contribution to the role.
This would be a great role for someone looking to step into a leadership role whilst still being involved in the practical side of Early Education.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Deliver a high-quality education program with a focus on purposeful observation of each individual child’s learning journey
- Assist the Director in the operation of Tiny Town Childcare and Kindergarten and in the temporary absence of the Director, act as the responsible person in day-to-day charge and manage the daily operations of the centre
- Ensure the safety, wellbeing and learning needs and interests of the children are met and addressed through a high-quality early education program
- Establish and maintain trusting and honest relationships with children, families and other external stakeholders
- Openly communicate with colleagues and report any challenges to the Director.
- Implement the centre’s policies and procedures to a high standard at all times.
The successful applicant will bring to the role:
- An ACECQA approved Diploma level qualification or Higher – required
- Previous experience in a Lead Educator or Assistant Director role – ideally working in a mixed-age learning environment
- Working knowledge of the Early Year’s Learning Framework, Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and National Quality Framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and intermediate skills in the suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Current valid Blue Card, First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training
- Ability to act as the responsible person, in day-to-day care of the centre in the Director’s absence
Tiny Town align their salaries to the Children Services Award 2020. An Assistant Director role will be classified on Level 5.
If this position interests you, please send a completed Application Cover Sheet, Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com.
All enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, a copy of the Position Description and application cover sheet, please visit the careers page at www.ucaqld.com.au.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.