The Uniting Church in Australia (the Church) is a large uniquely Australian Christian denomination in Australia with heritage from historical reformed evangelical denominations. In Queensland, the Uniting Church has around 250 congregations and has schools, colleges and large community services (such as UnitingCare Queensland and Wesley Mission Queensland).
Raymont Residential College provides comprehensive support and services to over 120 university
students residing within the College. While the provision of a high standard of services including catering
and accommodation is essential, Raymont also seeks to build a warm community built on mutual respect while enriching the lives of our students through meaningful support programs.
- We are seeking an individual to lead our catering team with a focus on being an integral member of the management team and provide and maintain a high level of customer and food service for Raymont Residential College.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- This is an integral position with the responsibility of delivery of a high quality of services within a dynamic and diverse environment. The effectiveness of the position will be determined according to the quality and the quantity of outputs produced including,
- Financial outcomes by ensuring expenditure for food and staffing is within budget,
- Following the Food Safety Act,
- Providing a positive and relaxed atmosphere for residents,
- Undertake general administrative tasks for all catering staff including leave applications, pay enquiries, rostering and submitting time sheets to the pay office,
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training and discipline to all staff working in the kitchen, and
- Delivering high quality meals which meet student needs.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Trade qualification as a chef de partie or equivalent.
- Significant experience as a qualified chef including working as a supervisor/ head chef/ manager.
- Significant experience in bulk catering.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation and management of safe food handling practice
- Ability to communicate with people from all of walks of life, especially young adults.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet agreed work outcomes with limited supervision.
- Self-motivated and show initiative in order to get the job done and achieve agreed goals
The minimum base salary (exclusive of superannuation) for this position is $62,300.00 per year. Remuneration negotiations with the successful candidate will be within the applicable remuneration range.
To apply, send a completed Application Cover Sheet, CV and cover letter (OPTIONAL addressing the selection criteria available in the position description) to email@example.com.
Enquiries in relation to the position can be made directly to Principal – Raymont Residential College Richard Niessl on 07 3377 9832.
Applications close 12 July 2019.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod and Raymont Residential College is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
The Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is an equal opportunity employer committed to Uniting in Christ; acting with love, living with hope, witnessing in faith, working for justice.