The Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008 imposes significant responsibilities upon building owners, occupiers and managers to develop fire safety plans and conduct training of all paid and voluntary workers in a building.
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services website has documents and templates (including fire and evacuation plans) to assist owner/occupiers in managing their compliance with the Fire and Rescue Service Act 1990 and the Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008.
When developing a fire and evacuation plan for a congregation it is recommended that a plan for low occupancy buildings is completed by congregations with fewer than 100 persons attending your largest weekly gathering and a high occupancy plan for congregations with more than 100 regular attendees.
The following links will assist you in developing a fire and evacuation plan.
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services—Building Fire Safety
- Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008
- Templates to develop your own fire safety documents
- Fire safety management tool/checklist
- Fire and evacuation plan for congregations with fewer than 100 regular attendees
- Fire and evacuation plan for congregations with more than 100 regular attendees
- Fire safety installation checklist
- Evacuation instruction record
- Evacuation practice record