The Kirwan Uniting Church Child Care Centre are a not-for-profit centre providing a high quality of care to our children, families and community. Our focus is to provide quality learning opportunities through play-based learning.
We are searching for an energised and passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join our Child Care centre to deliver a quality Approved Kindergarten Program. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a talented educator who is keen to make a meaningful contribution to the education of Kindergarten children, the centre, community and families.
The successful applicant will bring to the role:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent (Recognised by ACECQA) or currently studying with a completion date prior to 31 December 2021.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Early Years Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines.
- Current First Aid, CPR, Asthma, Anaphylaxis certification and valid Blue Card
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning and time management skills
- A positive, caring and enthusiastic attitude.
- Enjoy co-collaborating, developing and maintaining open relationships with parents.
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of a high-quality Kindergarten program using the National Quality Framework, Kindergarten Guidelines Early Years Learning Framework.
- Provide the children with a love of learning through an educational program in by implementing a play-based learning environment responsive to children’s interest, strengths and abilities.
- Participate in all care and education duties as required with all children at the centre.
- Be an active part of a highly motivated team to deliver a high quality, emergent curriculum.
- Prioritising the best interests of children first and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children.
- Providing a fun, safe and stimulating learning environment.
- Working in partnership with your co-educators, Educational Leader and Centre Director.
- Follow all centres policies and procedures.
Early Childhood Teacher wage rates are aligned with the Educational Service (Teacher’s) Award.
Please click here to view the position description.
For further information about the position, please contact our Director, Vicky Tudehope on (07) 4773 6499.
To apply, send a completed application cover sheet, resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.