This year’s Keeper challenge is now closed. Thanks so much to everyone who participated for doing their bit for the planet!
Make a positive difference to the planet by choosing to use your keep cup for the chance to win a $40 tab at your local café.
Australians throw out around 3 million single-use or disposable coffee cups every single day. Many people are out of the habit of using their reusable cup for takeaway beverages after many cafes stopped accepting them during the pandemic. But now we’re back to business as usual and keep cups are making a comeback! To celebrate the Season of Creation this September, we’re now encouraging people to ditch the disposables and pick this habit back up again!
How to play
To enter yourself or a friend, snap a shot with your zero-waste takeaway cup and either:
The entry with the biggest smile or smile-inducing entry will be selected each week to win a $40 coffee tab at the café of your choice.
Rules of play
- This keep cup initiative is being run across the life of the Church. All Uniting Church affiliated schools and colleges staff, UnitingCare staff, Uniting Early Learning staff and families(?) and members of Uniting Church congregations and café patrons are eligible to play.
- You can enter yourself in the challenge by submitting a selfie, or nominate a colleague by taking a photo of them using their reusable cup. Team photos welcome.
- There is no limit on the number of entries you can submit each week of the competition.
- The weekly challenge runs from Monday to Sunday:
- Week one: Sept 4 – 10
- Week two: Sept 11 – 17
- Week three: Sep 18 – 24
- Week four: Sep 25 – Oct 1
- Prize winners will be announced on the Monday of the following week.
- Judging panel is the Synod Plenty Environment and Sustainability Project Officer and the UnitingCare Sustainability Manager.
Please email the Queensland Synod Environmental Sustainability Project Officer for more information.