Discipleship – Engaging Young People
Children, Youth, Young Adults and Families (CYYAF)
The Uniting Church in Queensland is committed to encouraging and equipping young people, from birth into adulthood, to grow in discipleship and authentic faith, and participate as valued and vital members of intergenerational churches and communities with Jesus at the centre.
We believe that:
- Young People are people of God.
- Young People are invited to be lifelong disciples, who know and follow Jesus, and help others do the same.
- Young People belong to the Body of Christ and are called to serve with their own gifts, both as participants and leaders now and in the future.
- Young People grow in Christian Faith as they experience and express their belonging, believing, growing, and sharing in family, church, and community.
- God’s spirit gives various gifts to the church for ministry with Young People and the wider world, and we are called to use them.
- Intergenerational mission and ministry are the privilege and responsibility of every member of a Christian Faith community regardless of age, position, or status.
Through the Project Plenty Discipleship priority, we are committed to reawakening an understanding of, and passion for ministry with young people across the life of the church. We will do this by developing leaders, sharing resources, and developing partnerships, networks, and communities of practice across the Synod, to support those working and volunteering in ministry with young people in local communities.
Connect with us!
Please reach out to connect, as we’d love to journey with you, as you journey with others, to explore further, and dig deeper to grow lifelong disciples, who know and follow Jesus, and help others do the same.