Becoming a Green Church includes three components: becoming, green and church.
- Becoming, or changing our ways from damaging to caring for the earth;
- Green, learning how to live sustainably;
- Church, growing in our understanding of faith, relating it to the eco-crisis, allowing ourselves to be changed, and moving into new ways of living that proclaim the healing, reconciliation and renewal of all creation in Christ.
- Reflect on the Eco-Mission Statement
- Check out the practical resources on this page
- Read about green initiatives happening within the Uniting Church and be inspired
- Look through the ‘Resources’ section of the website (including readings, Bible studies, worship resources and links).
- Talk with others, and form a small group to develop a plan of action.
“Anywhere” Congregation Uniting Church in Australia ECO-MISSION STATEMENT
Vision: The Anywhere Uniting Church, in recognising the natural environment as God’s Creation, believes that:
- Christians are called to safeguard the integrity of Creation, and to exercise their mission in such a way that the life of the earth is sustained and renewed.
- Alongside other valid expressions of Christian mission, the proclamation of the Kingdom of God includes working for justice, peace, and a proper stewardship of the earth.
- The well-being of people is inter-woven with the well-being of the planet itself.
Objectives In response to that vision, the ecological aims of the Anywhere Uniting Church are:
- To raise environmental awareness in the congregation and throughout the community.
- To engage in practical measures on behalf of the environment.
- To encourage a form of spirituality that includes an appreciation and care for Creation.
Five Leaf Eco Awards for Churches
The Five Leaf Eco-Awards are an ecumenical church greening and environmental change program for churches. The Five Leaf Eco-Awards can help you become a Green Church today! The program will help you ‘green’ your: