Here are some valuable ministry resources for Stewardship Sunday.
- Exodus 20:1-4, 7-9, 12-20 Ten Commandments
- Isaiah 5:1-7 The warning about the destruction of the vineyard.
- Psalm 80:7-15 Pleading with God, who brought the grapevine out of Egypt, to make us strong again , smile on us and save us!
- Philippians 3:4b-14 Paul reflects, “I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ.” Run towards the goal to win the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.
- Matthew 21:33-46 The landowner establishes a vineyard and rented it out and left the country. At harvest he twice sends a servant to collect his share of the grapes but each one is killed. Then he sends his Son, anticipating that he would be respected, but the tenants killed him also. The kingdom of God is like this! Jesus questions the Chief priests and leaders and then makes an explanation which cements their resentment of him.
- In the Hebrew Scriptures a steward is entrusted with the management of the household. ….“One who looks after property on behalf of another such as a household or an estate…”
Joseph, son of Jacob, becomes a steward in the house of Potiphar (Genesis 39:1-6), is thrown in prison where he is made responsible for all that was done there (Genesis 39:22) and then becomes a steward of all Egypt (Genesis 41:4). He demonstrates skill, wisdom and growing capacity …accountability…